Saturday, September 15, 2018

Burning Man in the Swamp

If only denizens of The Swamp abided by these ten principles!


Christine didn't lie when she said I would love the "No Spectators: The Art of Burning Man" at the Smithsonian's Renwick Gallery.





Burning Man cremains require big jars.


Apparently, it's pretty easy to lose your keys in the desert.


The installations mostly reflect an acute degree of childhood wonder.  Best of all, the Renwick offered a dust-free environment to experience them.

Paper Arch by Michael Garlington and Natalia Bertotti:






Truth Is Beauty by Marco Cochrane:



Tin Pan Dragon by Duane Flatmo:





Evotrope by Richard Wilks:



Capitol Theater by Five Ton Crane:







Before I Die by Candy Chang demands audience participation:



Temple by David Best, encourages visitors to write messages to their deceased loved ones :




The Hyperspace Bypass Construction Zone by HYBYCOZO:




Shrumen Lumen II by Foldhaus Art Collective:


Nova by Christopher Schardt:



Volume by Leo Villareal:


An "Inspiration Architect" conformed to my impression of a "Burner."


But it turned out that this geezer sitting next to Christine came to say goodbye to a jacket he'd worn himself.


Before I die, I want to go to Burning Man!  I guess I'd better get started on my costume.  It looks like I'll need Thom's help.






We trekked around the Golden Triangle to see the outdoor installations which grace the streets through the end of 2018.

Golden Spike by HYBYCOZO:


Maya's Mind by Mischell Riley:



Untitled by Jack Champion:


XOXO by Laura Kimpton:


Ursa Major by Mr. & Mrs. Ferguson:




Future's Past by Kate Raudenbush:



I wonder if the neighborhood is called the Golden Triangle because of the organizations headquartered there?

International Monetary Fund:


World Bank:


So much money, so little soul in The Swamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment