Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Snake Season

Thom and I returned to the Pines after missing a week due to covid 19 quarantine.  Victor and Tommy invited us over for a belated celebration of my 67th birthday.

Tommy shot time-lapse video of the sun setting over the Great South Bay.  


After birthday cake, he also showed us mesmerizing images he shot in pre-covid New Zealand.

Later in the week, we served them Varick's chocolate peanut butter balls.


 Both Varick and Thom cooked up a storm


Have you ever eaten a sausage clock?



Thom adapted this burrata recipe from Better Homes & Gardens.  I got a free subscription after buying a floor lamp at Walmart.


Wine with that delicious lunch contributed to the spontaneity of a video we shot to commemorate Magda's & Joe's sixth wedding anniversary.  Randy & Thom knocked it out of the park with their infant and toddler impersonations.


Another house honored a Supreme Court justice.  Have flamingoes ever been used to such fabulous effect?


Returning to the Pines enabled me to swim for the first time in 6 weeks,  twice in the ocean and once in the bay.


Walks to Cherry Grove led to some interesting natural encounters, including a pair of brown snakes


. . . and a very bold buck.


"I'm ready for my close-up, Mr. DeMille."


Additions to my collection of clever (and sometimes X-rated) Cherry Grove house names.








Plenty of random images, too.







Looking forward to my 34th season!


But first, the roughest ferry crossing of the Great South Bay that I've ever experienced.










No comments:

Post a Comment