Saturday, February 5, 2022

Reptilian Nation Expo

The South Florida Fairgrounds in West Palm Beach hosted the Reptilian Nation Expo for the first time this year.   When in Florida . . . 


I treated Thom.  One good turn deserves another.  Who do you think enjoyed their treat more?


Not-inexpensive snakes with gorgeous markings seemed to be in biggest demand.



A vendor assured me the plastic containers have tiny air holes punched into the sides.

I had hoped to see a horned toad.  Growing up in El Paso, I caught one or two in my time. Turns out they're now an endangered species. None of the lizards in the Expo seemed too happy to be there, although some were acclimated to human touch.

This salesmen claimed turtles like nothing more than to have their butts tickled!  

I'd gamble they prefer lettuce more.

These tiny, colorful frogs are named for their breeder who's very big in the world of amphibians.


Arachnid anyone?  This "zebra" is from Costa Rica.


Afterward, we headed to the Wellington Environmental Preserve which has a four-story observation tower where Thom answered the question I posed earlier.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment