Friday, July 8, 2022

Terminal Art

Want to feel like a stranger in a strange land?  Walk to an oddly calm LaGuardia and ask airport employees where to find the new public art decorating their work environment. The question flummoxes them even more than the idea that Thom and I walked from Jackson Heights just to see it, and that we planned to walk to Flushing Meadows Park next!  Still, I got a real kick out of the mosaic of the Keith Haring figures next to the escalator.  Heading downtown, of course.

More Terminal B Art:




As much as I enjoyed the mosaics, those decorating the Upper East Side extension of the New York City subway system impressed me more.  No sculpture there, however.



Terminal C




If you don't like the projections, they'll likely change by the time you check in.


I really enjoy art appreciation that increases your step count.  We exceeded 20,000 (more than eight miles) by the time I got back on the subway.  Too bad we were 24 hours early for the Queens Night Market.  


No comments:

Post a Comment