Sunday, March 26, 2023

Super Yachts

I guess size does matter.  To be honest, I wasn't all that impressed.  Or maybe I was just sickened by the unquenchable thirst for luxury exhibited by the assholes I'd recently seen in "The Triangle of Sadness."

Yep, Chris and I paid $30 each to pop our cherries at the Palm Beach International Boat Show.  And in no-income-tax land, even public garages are allowed to price gouge.  We paid an additional $20 to park and we still had to walk more than a mile to the entrance.

Do you think this gold propeller impresses the fish?

Alternative ostentatious transportation at the Worth Avenue Yachts booth.


At least some of the super rich are practical.


JFK loved the Honey Fitz as did four other U.S. Presidents, but it ain't no HMY Britannia!  



Boomer owners who can have it all do love a double-entendre !


I knew from "The Haves and Have Yachts," a fascinating but stomach-churning New Yorker article that exhibitors make it difficult for the hoi polloi to get their vicarious kicks.  "Boarding By Appointment Only" means this is about as close as the aspirational crowd gets.


Still, I did get a couple of interesting shots for my "Abstractions" file.



And even found a little something in my price range.

No comments:

Post a Comment