Saturday, September 10, 2022

69

I won't lie:  turning 69 isn't easy and not just because of my personal trauma associated with the number. Relatively speaking, it's not even that old.  By the time Queen Elizabeth was this close to 70, Princess Diana was still alive.  So much of Her Royal Majesty's life hadn't even happened yet!  Still, that's small consolation for the 16-year old girl trapped inside this man's body.  I LOVED Do Revenge, or at least the first hour of it.

Old Westbury Gardens
I always can count on Florian to send me a gift to celebrate.  These items arrived in early August but I kept them in a closet until the actual day arrived.


His gift choice reflects the close attention he pays to this blog.  Family lore had it that my Uncle Cliff was present when the Hindenburg went down, holding one of the ropes.  I was shocked to see the dirigible branded with swastikas!


Of course Arko put in an appearance on Florian's card.  That's him running along the shore of Lake Michigan.


Magda & Joe sent greetings from Boston.


The D-Girls marked the occasion, too, for the first time.  Although Dagny reportedly asked "He's the one with the orange hair, right?"  On the other hand, at least I still have hair!



Thom treated me to a terrific dinner at Gennaro on the night of my birthday, as well as to a car show at Old Westbury Gardens the following weekend.

Thanks everyone!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment