Monday, January 16, 2023

FLASHBACK: Alligator Alley (1996)

What I remember most about my first trip to the Everglades is a riposte that Thom made when I threatened to push him into the swamp.  "You know I'll come out with a handbag and shoes."

 



He and Anthony probably would have preferred hanging out in South Beach, where both had shopped at the Versace store.  Little could we have imagined that a gay creep would shoot Gianni dead a little more than a year later.




And little did Thom and I realize that alligators and other swamp critters would become part of our natural habitat when we bought the Folly in 2018.



The sawgrass and other flora eventually would become familiar, too.



After Anthony and I visited South Beach two years earlier, I vowed that I'd always rent a convertible in the future.



We drove to Coconut Grove to see Fargo, too.  It made us even happier to be in South Florida.


But look closely and you'll see Thom giving me the finger.




No comments:

Post a Comment