Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Cape Town

Dan and I headed to Cape Town on our own.  We almost didn't make it.  Kenyan health officials informed us at the airport that entry to South Africa requires yellow fever vaccinations. They were happy to provide phony evidence of these vaccinations, helpfully backdated, for a "fee."  It was our first real experience of what someone called TIA or "This Is Africa."



We found a place to stay in Camps Bay on Airbnb, just up the hill from one of Cape Town's most beautiful and naturally sheltered beaches.











You have to love the South African entrepreneurial spirit.  If I hadn't already purchased my wooden giraffe, I could have avoided the "picture-taking fee" to get my shot of this happy carver.  Who wouldn't enjoy working in these conditions?


No comments:

Post a Comment