Friday, February 2, 2018

Carnaval de Québec

Bonhomme welcomed Magda, Joe and I to the Winter Carnival in Quebec City.


He turned up everywhere.


Although the bitter cold deterred my picture taking mania, the snow sculptures didn't wow me as much as I expected.




 
Tools of the trade.


Upper Town offered panoramic views of the St. Lawrence River.


Heartier souls enjoyed toboggan rides.



We roamed the quaint streets for as long as we could.





A steep staircase took us down to the hip neighborhood where Joe had booked a terrific Airbnb on Rue de Roi.




We watched Detroit, easily one of the best movies of 2017, before venturing out again for Saturday's Charlesbourg Night Parade.  We lasted about half an hour in the minus 7 degree weather!





It felt like the cold was erasing us.



I liked the art at the local restaurant where we dined.


Some of the street art was cool, too.






No comments:

Post a Comment