Monday, December 25, 2023

And Desi Makes Nine

Not counting Mr. P, Vedder & Moofy, of course.  Aside from the first year of the pandemic, I can't remember a Christmas holiday I haven't spent with Tom, Audrey, Magda and Zoltan. Our gathering has more than doubled in size with the addition of Magda's and Joe's family, the D-Kids.


Desi, the newest addition, really got into the spirit of things.


He definitely has upped the testosterone level at 14 Thomas Park.


My visit started off with a small-world coincidence when Chris texted me from the Boston Museum of Fine Arts while I was on the train: "Look who I ran into!"  He and Zoltan, whom he hadn't seen since his commissioning ceremony, had both leaned in to read a label about some European battle painting.  Peas in a (history) pod.


Tom took me on a driving tour of North Andover, which included the Stevens Estate at Osgood Hill now used for special events.


I brought Audrey an ornament from the Huntington Garden and Library.  She and Tom do all their own gardening, landscaping and snow removal.  It's a LOT.


Zoltan and I took a late afternoon walk on the Common, past the North Parish Church.


The church cemetery dates back to before the Revolutionary War.


Anne Lillie Howard married a man who participated in the Boston Tea Party.  She probably had a life of her own, too, but you'd never know it from the engraving on her memorial.

Joseph Kittredge built this mansion in 1784.  It remains in his family.  Now that's a New England pedigree!


Zoltan struck a pose in front of the Hay Scales Building before driving me back to Boston's South Station.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment