Friday, April 5, 2024

Afternoon in Naples

Chris, Thom and I made a quick visit to the Gulf Coast of Florida before the Folly season ended.  We drove due west on Alligator Alley, where a new visitor's center will offer elevated views of the sea of grass in the Everglades.

Chris had a lunch date with old friends of his family, so Thom and I explored Fifth Avenue South, surely the most manicured shopping district in the United States.  In spite of Hurricane Ian, it hadn't changed much since Christine and I walked it eight springs ago.


The cars, like the majority-white residents, are often vintage.  It's not often that auto paint matches my turquoise outfit.

Florida's foliage doesn't get prettier than this in April with the tabebuia trees in full bloom. Over the next 24 hours we would be seeing a lot of palm and cypress trees, too.


We drove 30 minutes north to Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park.  Thom sunned while I explored.



I used a Tesla charging station for the first time.  Easy peasy, and free, too, at least for the first 5,000 miles!  In 35 minutes, we were on the road to Everglades City.

No comments:

Post a Comment