Tuesday, September 10, 2019

A Digit Shy of Evil

I enjoyed celebrating my birthday more this year than usual thanks to the thoughtfulness of friends and reaching eligibility for full Social Security benefits.  Yep, I'm 66!

First the cards.  Florian's made me laugh, especially the jazz-hand annotations.  He also enclosed a Fairway gift card.  The amount matched my age.


Magda's & Joe's card gave me a chuckle, too.  Inside it said "I got you this card knowing what a dog lover you are."  They know their Uncle Jiffy very well!


Speaking of pooches, Arko sent his greetings from Chicago.


Thom, as usual, went above and beyond.  First, he brought a slightly smashed tiramisu birthday cake from Veniero's, a bakery in little Italy, to celebrate in the Pines with Randy & Varick.


And then took me to dinner at Park Side where he gave me a pair of nifty pair of bathing trunks from Vilebrequin, a French brand I can't pronounce but have long coveted!


Thanks, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment