Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Apollo's Muse

I used to schedule my vacations in the Pines according to the full moon so I made it a point to see this exhibit of moon-related photography at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.




In 1902, Georges Méliès made the first film about a trip to the moon.  It's hilarious.  Air, the French electronica group, scored it more than a century later.






Did you know that the Soviet dogcatchers grabbed a mutt from the streets of Moscow to orbit the moon?  Laika sacrificed his life for the space race.


Penelope Umbrico crowdsourced these images for a video.


A rocket dress.


On July 20, 1969, I went to see "True Grit" instead of watching Neil Armstrong walk on the moon.  The event looked so much better when I watched "First Man" 50 summers later on the same day!




No comments:

Post a Comment