Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Solo Saharan Dune Climb

Thom and I had a difference of opinion once we checked into the Merzouga hotel.  "The dunes all look alike," he said dismissively after a long day.




For that matter, people all look alike too.  His view from the infinity pool, overrun by a group of European students learning to speak English, looked like this.


I headed off on my own, barefoot.  It's been quite a year for rainbows!




I spotted several members of our tour group atop camels.


Here's what I looked like to them.


The caravan had a couple of dogs in tow.  I'd already made their friendly acquaintance when we arrived at the hotel.


#dunedogs




My fellow travelers peaked on foot while I snapped arty selfies.  Note the gleaming motorcycle on the right.



Thom and I watched the sun set when I returned.  All's well that ends well, but the desert chill set in pretty quickly.









No comments:

Post a Comment