Thursday, May 6, 2021

Overstay

If I'd had my druthers, Thom and I would have left Lake Worth shortly after we visited the Kips Bay show house in mid April.  But he wanted to float in the pool a little longer and my (cracked) wheels back to New York are his.


Of course if we'd departed earlier, we wouldn't have been able to take advantage of Leah's offer:  Linda, her twin sister died several months ago, and Leah offered us first dibs on Linda's furniture.  We rented a Dodge Ram for $100 to pick up some wicker furniture. A different driving experience from the Mercedes, let me tell ya!


Linda's neighbor, Elayne, gave us access to her apartment.  What a pistol--she texted like a millennial.


I also added plenty of bicycle shots to my collection.




Along with another wheeled object.


We remained in West Palm long enough to see the completion of the beach replenishment project.


Now the beach is as wide as I've ever seen it.  Who knows how long it will last?


A boat with a New York registration number washed up in front of the Four Seasons Hotel.


Creatures in flight above the water.




I rinsed my beach combing bounty before departure as part of my staging process.

Some finds never made it home from the beach.


My walks--including an exploration of the El Cid neighborhood--started later as the days grew longer and hotter.

They typically involved crossing a drawbridge over the Intracoastal.



Late afternoon sun shows Lake Worth's old cottages to their best advantage.




And there always are stunning blooms in the tropics.




 The rainy season began.

























No comments:

Post a Comment