Thursday, June 20, 2024

Adobe Lifestyle

If you're going to live in the Southwest, you may as well adopt an adobe lifestyle.  It once formed the basis of my retirement dreams which increased the natural allure of Sante Fe's picturesque Canyon Road neighborhood.   


My stepmother, who always wanted me to move back to El Paso, once sent me an advertisement for a company that taught people how to build them. 


She also once sent me a Christmas wreath made of chili peppers.  During my first summer in the Pines, I pulverized the peppers in a Cuisinart and used the powder in a Mexican dinner.  "I'll bet you've never had homemade enchiladas before," I crowed.  My housemates didn't that night, either. The meal's spiciness made it mostly inedible.


Landscaping and wood ornamentation add pizzaz to the simple look.



No comments:

Post a Comment