Sunday, November 13, 2016

Whirlwind Tour

Tom and I managed to grab an hour at the British Museum before we had to leave for the airport.


Someone commemorated Armistice Day there, too.  Audrey watched the young Royals lay a wreath on television.


Norman Foster added a gorgeous dome to the museum's lobby since my last visit when my camera bag weighed ten pounds and my pictures were hit or miss.  Of course you didn't have to worry about security back then, either.



We made a beeline for the Rosetta Stone and the Elgin Marbles, oops I mean the Parthenon sculptures and friezes (I can't help it, I'm old).





Apparently, Greek temples were once just as colorful as the Temple of Dendur.


We breezed past Egypt and Rome on our way to Easter Island.





Final stop:  the significant but unfamiliar art of Africa.






No comments:

Post a Comment