Saturday, April 11, 2015

Death March

After touring Karlstejn, we had plenty of time for the hike that Chris wanted to take.



In Caleb Crain's Necessary Errors, a book he'd read about American expatriate life in Prague, he recalled a gay character going to a local swimming hole.  We followed the yellow trail markers to both Little and Big Americas.



Usually, looking for a gay cruising spot is right up my alley.   While our eight-mile hike wasn't particularly strenuous, my cold meant I was dragging and whining much of the way.


You can see Karlstejn sticking out from behind the mountain in this shot.


If there were any gays about, I'm sure I would have sucked in my belly more.



Here's Big America.  It definitely looks like a good place for sunbathing in warmer weather. Chris later learned that Czech westerns were filmed in this area.


 
We came across some Soviet-era stone carving, too.


Returning to Karlstejn seemed like coming home but we still had to march down that damn hill to the parking lot.  My dogs were dead tired!




No comments:

Post a Comment