Tuesday, January 18, 2022

FLASHBACK: Random New York (1970s & 80s)

Even not very good photos can become more interesting with the passage of time.  John Rechy's City of Night was still recognizable when I first began living on my own.

Times Square, 1978


Aqueduct


Tom and I took the train to Aqueduct.  I don't think I'd ever been to a horse racing track before.   Graffiti was inescapable for a long, long time.  





Central Park


By now, I must have spent actual years of my life exploring Central Park in all seasons, and watching it blossom from a gritty crime scene to a splendid pandemic playground. It's also the place where I met BarnetDavidLeon and Florian.





Pink Floyd Promotion, 1977














Circle Line Tour


We took the Circle Line tour when Ken and Lois drove up from El Paso for their first visit together in 1985.









Landmarks


Statue of Liberty
Grand Central Station
Rockefeller Center
Fifth Avenue


Upper West Side




Brooklyn

Botanical Garden







No comments:

Post a Comment